A few weeks ago, I told Cherie Ripperton I had too many projects to finish and I was worried that I might be forgetting or neglecting something. She said that when she has a lot of things to do, she makes a list and it helps her to stay organized and keep accomplishing her tasks.
Although I told her that I was just a little bit overwhelmed by my projects or my “jobs for JAB,” I didn’t tell her that I was also experiencing a bit of a writer’s block. There have been a few mornings in the past couple of months when I haven’t had anything to write and I wasn’t even sure why I was writing a blog.
It’s not like I’ve found a cure for the ills of life and I don’t think I’m going to be the Julia Child of gardening. I’m not Dr. Oz or Oprah. I could take a break or I could make a list.
The only thing I know for sure is that I’m not adopting a cat.
Instead of being stuck, here’s my list of potential blog posts I’ve been thinking about.
- True Confessions
- I Can’t Handel It
- Barbara Jane Mackle and Me
- The Nostalgic Arrogance of Light Bulbs
- The Sadness of the Last Apple
- The Sock Puppet
- King Coffee, or True Stories of Coffee Addiction
- Aunt Tomato’s Tomato Update
- Another Story about my Grandfather
- Ghosts of the Gilded Age (wasn’t that on my last list?)
- Someone Else’s Fashion Mistake
- Why We Care about a Soft Drink
- The Lumbago Boneyard
- Memento Mori – Good Bye
- My Corduroy Husband
- Tip Cups for Bullies
- Why Maudlin Self-Pity works in Movies but not in Real Life
It’s a start. What do you do when you’re stuck?